All 27 art Reviews

Roberto Ferri Master Study Roberto Ferri Master Study

It is a separate entity from Ferri's piece , meaning that it is not stolen. However, to be honest, I don't feel that it is right to post it. What you did here was replicate Ferri's work. I understand that it was for practice; however, it was for personal practice. I believe that duplicating a work like this and posting it to the public defeats the point of the whole 'personal' point. If someone traces to practice, they should not post the image online, because it's just for practice, and not a true creation of their own imagination. It applies to here as well.

I can understand changing aspects of the image to make it your own, i.e. turning the man into a monster while replicating the same colors, pose, and shading, and then posting it, because it shows that you put effort into the thought process that goes with the image (thus making it a parody, whether comedic in intentions or not). However, duplicating the original image's entire subject without change, and then posting it on here as a personal practice piece is very discouraging to me. It's just not an attractive thing to do.

Aside from my negative comments, I can't say there's much to this piece that cannot be complimented to by the original artwork. I prefer your more 'textured' shading over Ferri's smoother shading, as it gives the eye more to grab onto, to capture its attention better. As for the sharpness issue, either running Photoshop's sharpen/sharpen edges feature may help with that. Using a hard brush to block out the lines would help as well. The best thing I could see without really damaging the overall image once it's done is to shrink it to a smaller resolution. That helps well in most of our artwork, anyway.

It's the effort that counts though, ey?

We'reDoneWhenISayWe'reDone We'reDoneWhenISayWe'reDone

You guys do realize you can't use it as an avatar without the artist's permission, right?

God, Breaking Bad sends a thrill through me that I don't get from other shows. Malcolm in the Middle really put a place in my heart for him, and Breaking Bad is the icing of the cake.

Face Off Face Off

I KNEW it was from Breaking Bad. That guy was badass.

Not as badass as Walter himself though. :)

Tattoo comission Tattoo comission

Never do it for the payment. You lose your motivation if you keep thinking about the money, or what you're going to buy with it.

When people steal your work, you know you're that good. :D

This is a TATTOO design? O: Lord knows the day someone gets that on their body, they'll be howling in pain. I think it'd be worth it, though; your art is colorful and nice, and you don't see an octopus with a hat on everyday. Looks rather classy. I also like the way you integrated technology into the classical theme (that robot arm).

Also, here's a question: if someone DOES get this on their body, they're paying a person to do it, using YOUR artwork (and therefor making money off of it). Does that mean they're breaking copyright laws? O: Just popped into my mind.

Yadis, that was a clever joke.

Taiso responds:

Actually, a guy, by the name of Adam Newell is getting this (without the framework thingie) done on his skin. :D

Telebot Telebot

Happy Robot Day! :D

What are you talking about? The shading makes sense even without a background. It's coming from one sensible direction.

I've always enjoyed the concept of robots having T.V.-like faces.

Be vewy quiet. It's hunting humans.

JesusCondom responds:

Thanks man :)

Plug It In Plug It In

Happy Robot Day to you, too! :D

What a creative what to charge up, if I do say so myself. ;D I'd be tickled pink if I saw my experimental robot jacking on to batteries instead of eating them like she should. >:U

Damn robots, always finding a way to use our technology to the fullest.

Electric Nightmare Electric Nightmare

Happy Robot Day!

I do like the primitive feeling that this picture gives; what does the robot search and destroy, if there's any specific function?

Also, what are those ports in its mouth for? :D

Artist-Lost responds:

Happy Robot Day to you as well ^.^
As for the mission these guys patrol the sewers looking for rebels trying to infiltrate the Nevexus Corporation compound. A research group in the novel I'm working on.
The mouth ports work like a flamethrower.

In True Dah Alert In True Dah Alert

Happy Robot Day!

Very, very nice. It displays the fearsome power that robots wield, how humans are bugs that can be controlled with fear.

I do like the scorpion-like body structure. It can be appreciated--many people fear the poisonous barb of its tail, and that will certainly cause fear. :)

ZaneZansorrow responds:

Happy Robot day to you too again :D

scorpion sounds awesome

AL-1 (ALone) AL-1 (ALone)

Happy Robot Day to you, too!

I like what you did with the name. :) One is the loneliest number, after all!

If they're all alone... why do they have a gun? :O

M-Maher responds:

It's an insurance policy, its apart of the warranty for AL-1.

Red Cross Girl Red Cross Girl

Make sure you credit the original line artist in your description. You should not claim all of the credit.